12h lasting makeup || the essentials

By Wednesday, July 30, 2014 , , , ,

During the past few years I had to do makeup not only on myself, but also on bridesmaids, brides, sisters and mothers and pretty much for every event. Today I'm gonna be talking about the key products that I can't be without when someone comes to me for a makeup. You know, those products that will make your makeup stay in place for 12 hours. You heard right! My clients never ever complained about their makeup falling apart so let's talk about this today.

THE EYESHADOW PRIMER

I'm sure you all know how important is to use a eyeshadow primer before applying any product on your eyelids! Yes well, of course, I never ever forget to do this step. I've never tried the expensive brands, but I did tried and still use these two products: e.l.f Eyelid Primer and Avon Eyeshadow Primer. My favourite one is still the one from e.l.f which has been on  my beauty essentials for years and years.
#Quick tip: Apply your eyeshadow primer and then apply over a thin layer of foundation. This will make your eyeshadow lasting power even greater!
e.l.f Eyelid Primer $1

THE FACE PRIMER

A primer should do two things: create a flawless surface in order to make the foundation set the right way and make the face makeup stay in place for hours and hours. To be honest, I've never tried high end primers because I already found the right ones that are, obviously, cheaper but great: Avon MagiX Face Perfector and e.l.f Mineral Infused Primer. If I were to choose between these two, I would choose the one from e.l.f, as I feel that it creates a much smoother surface for the foundation which is what we are looking for.
#Quick tip: Always, always, start your makeup on a cleaned and properly mosturized face.
Avon MagiX Face perfector $6,99
e.l.f. Mineral Infused Primer $6

THE LOOSE POWDER

This product will set your makeup by creating a fine, flawless film on it's surface. It also helps you apply better the bronzer/blush/highliter and also helps in applying the eyeshadow. I always apply powder on the full face, including the eyes and in my opinion it's an absolutely essential product. Here, you can choose really any brand of powder, the important thing is to choose a translucent one. I've tried and liked: Max Factor Loose Powder and Lancome Absolue Poudre .
#Quick tip: Try applying powder under the eyes before you start doing your eyes makeup. This way, if your eyeshadow falls down while you're applying it, you can easily clean that all up by removing the powder with the eyeshadow altogether.
Max Factor Loose Powder $14
Lancome Absolue Poudre $57

THE SETTING SPRAY

This is the final step that will make your makeup stay in place for over 10 hours. I can't be without this one and I always make sure I have enough product for my girls. It should not only keep your makeup in place, but also reduce shininess, reduce the powdery finish and set everything in place. My favourite for years has been and still is e.l.f Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray. It contains good ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Green Tea, cucumber and Vitamins A, C and E.
#Quick tip: Apply the mist on your entire face&neck, not only will it set your face makeup but will also prevent your eyeshadow from creasing throught the day.
e.l.f Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray $3


As you can see, there is beauty on a budget!

What are your beauty essentials when it comes to long lasting makeup?



Write me an e-mail!
blogulcudetoate@yahoo.ro

Find me on
Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest  || Tumblr || Instagram

You Might Also Like

2 comentarii

  1. I love a good setting spray, i must check out the Elf one!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you definitely should! Thank you for your visit

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comment